Monday, August 30, 2010

Craft Show Past



Now don't get too excited, I wasn't selling anything at this show, I was buying! Hehe. Me and buying = danger! I did have a great time, though. It is an annual show, held about the same weekend every year, in a beautiful city on the mountain called Beersheba Springs. It is held on the grounds of, what I've always heard it called, a Methodist "Camp". In the pictures below you will see some of the buildings at the "camp", which include cabin rooms, a mess hall/cafeteria, and even a sitting room which they open up and let fair patrons have a rock in the many rocking chairs.

The view from the back side of what used to be the main building is absolutely breathtaking. They have a platform, if you will, built along the side of the drop-off so that you can enjoy the view. Many a family picture has been taken sitting along the wall of the rock platform. Its such a beautiful place! (I thought I got a picture of the "platform" itself, but I guess I didn't take it, but you can see where the rock starts in the bottom of this first picture where it starts, then it goes out to the view you see at the bottom)



I didn't take many pictures around the fair itself because I wasn't sure how people would take to me just taking pictures of them walking around eating their buttered corn on the cob or cones of ice cream. I did take a few of the area, though, as well as something that I REALLY wish I had had the extra money to buy, and now regret that I didn't get a smaller version anyway. (luckily the vendor will be at another sale in about a month or so that I can go to and possibly still get one)

I did, though, get some shopping done. Sadly, I only got one Christmas present, the rest was for me. Stingy, I know, but I couldn't help it. I was looking more for ideas of things that I could possibly make myself, but ended up buying a few things I couldn't pass up, either. I got myself a bottle-cap ladybug necklace that I ADORE, a tie-dyed shirt for only $5 (a bargain!), a leather bracelet with multi-colored flowers attached to it, a cross-from-nails necklace in a sorta lime-ish green color, and I bought a headband and flower, which I hope to use in photo shoots of my friend's grandchild, when we get to do it. All in all I didn't do too bad, and I had loads of fun too. Now, if I'd had more money to spend? I'd have come back with a LOT more, including that huge pumpkin!

Just a couple more random shots I took before I left.

( P.S. The pumpkin was about as tall as me and was $55! )

No comments:

Post a Comment